Climate Task Force
The Climate Emergency Resolution states:
"Be it further resolved, that the Longmont City Council will convene a climate working group composed of City staff, other subject matter experts, partners, concerned residents, including those most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change, to discuss further steps the City should take to promote a carbon-free, sustainable city, with the goal of creating and submitting a report outlining such steps within 120 days of this resolution, and quarterly thereafter."
How you can apply to the Task Force:
- Every resident of Longmont is invited to apply to join the Task Force. Apply by filling out the online application.
- **NOTE: Make sure to select the "Climate Action Task Force" from the drop down menu in the application.
- Under the "Experience" section of the application, include a written paragraph or two about why you want to join the Task Force and what you feel you have to offer. If you have special experience that you think is relevant, include your resume. But note that not every applicant needs special knowledge or "work experience." We also need people whose lives are their qualification. Everyone's experience matters!
- Deadline to apply: By 5 p.m. November 15
- The selection committee will review the applications and make recommendations to City Council
- One City Council member
- Three staff members (from Sustainability, Longmont Power and Communications, and Planning divisions)
- Eight Longmont residents
- Four community partners from:
- Business community
- Education community
- Affordable housing community
- Non-profit/human services community
- Two technical advisors (non-voting):
- Platte River Power Authority (PRPA)
- Just Transition/climate justice