- Sign up for Engage Longmont by clicking on the "Sign Up" or "Register" button on the top right of any page
- Choose a username and password
- Complete a few questions about yourself
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and click the "Sign In" button
- It is a quick, safe, and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views, and engage in a discussion.
- It helps ensure that a broader set of perspectives have an opportunity to be represented by attributing feedback and frequency of feedback to individuals.
- It promotes accountability and encourages people to provide more thoughtful responses because feedback can be attributed to them.
- It also means that we can let you know any news if something major changes about the consultation.
How do I submit my feedback?
Submit your feedback via the online discussion forums, quick polls, forms, and surveys relevant to each of the open projects.
To participate for the first time, simply:
Why is the City of Longmont engaging online?
Traditional public engagement usually involves attending public meeting or providing written submissions to the City Council, and this can often be time consuming and inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. Engage Longmont gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
Why do I need to register to this site to make a comment?
While registration is not required to access Engage Longmont, it is necessary for many of the more interactive engagement opportunities. We ask you to register to the website for a few reasons:
Is my privacy protected?
How are discussion forums moderated?
All public comments are moderated 24 hours a day seven days a week, for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants, and for comments that are off topic.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent to the City of Longmont. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment is advised by email. See the moderation policy for more details.